Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Maria's Contribution

When the assignment was first given, I had a hard time picturing what my group could do with it. I imagined very abstract shapes and concepts. But, once I understood the project a little better, it seemed to me that it would be a great exercise. I didn’t have many ideas at first, but when my we had a meeting and started brainstorming, it was easier to come up with things because everyone else had such good ideas. When someone mentioned the transition of agrarian to industrial, I came up with the design that we could do: a skyscraper that would rise from a nature scene, and have the plants as a rooftop garden.

At first I wanted the model to actually have a structure that we could pull up from the ground. My group liked this idea, and so we decided to implement it. When we where meeting to actually construct the project, I brought paint, a hot glue gun, and exacto knives. I also found a place for us to work in the art department. We soon realized that to have the skyscraper fold out was too complicated, and decided to make a separate structure to replace on the stage. I made the skyscraper, and I helped paint the set and set it up for photographing.

No comments: