Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My favorite picture


So, I was raised in the East Bay. And I live a couple blocks from this thing called the "Ashby Fleamarket". Basically its this awesome fleamarket at the Ashby BART station on Saturdays and Sundays.
So when I was first getting into black and white photography when I was in eighth grade I found this awesome stand at the fleamarket that just had BOXES and BOXES of old photographs and old negatives. And since I was developing and printing all my own stuff, I wanted to try printing other negatives. 
So I bought some random negatives from this old dude for 25 cents. I bought the negative because I saw people with afros in the picture and I was hoping it would be something awesome. When I printed it, it turned out to be Mohammed Ali when he was really young.
To this day its my favorite picture I've ever printed on my own. 
Like, what are the chances? The random negative I buy for 25 cents turns out to be fucking Mohammed Ali!!! 
I thought I'd share.
-Megan Covey.

1 comment:

ubik said...

Hey this unpublished image is worth something!