Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Universe.


The universe is old and large and wide, and small and breathless. 
Hurt by winds and storms her beautiful stars wimble in the darkness. 
A mystery that no one can tell the end of because of its vastness. And yet, maybe as small as a baby's heart. What could it be?
Small?
Or large?
Hurting.
Or healing, or both? The universe is as complicated as human emotion. Changing, always something unexpected and raw. 
Scary and never to be toyed with, she is delicate yet the strongest source of energy in...well, the universe.
Scared and hurt by life's silly games I can only look to the sky and wonder why? And when will things be different?
Or 
Smaller and quieter in her complex heart. Complexity can ruin us all. 
It is never something good nor never something bad. Just complex.
So
When I put my head down and decide to look away from the skies and future all I am left with is something hollow in my chest.
A place where something beautiful may have once lay. A game, an apple, a piece of paper and pen, a telephone, a heart, or maybe there is truly nothing there.
Until I figure out my misdemeaners I highly doubt I will understand the universe's, let alone another human beings. 
Misdemeaners are cruelty laced with care that no one cares about. 
Awful yet necessary. 
Kinda like the universe. 

-Megan Covey.